Friday 19 April 2013

All About Mums...

Today it's all about Mums here at Uniko Studio both the human kind and the floral kind. I have a few cards today & over the next couple of days to share with you using the NEW Pure Florals: Chrysanthemum clear stamp set which was released this month HERE.

One of the reasons I released this set this month was because it was one of my Mums favourite flowers.  But why did I release it this month? I hear you ask...

Well, five years ago today my Mum passed away very suddenly & without any warning. I was concerned that I couldn't get in touch with my Mum, but put it down to the fact she had retired and had time to visit many friends. I asked my brother to check on her 2 days later & thats when our world ended. Being a single Mother my Mum spent a lot of time with us both & that day I'd lost not only my Mum but my best friend too. We shared a passion for crafting & making handmade cards and always talked about starting this business together.

Life has it's challenges in general but a times it's harder when all you want is your Mum, even when your 30+. I always find April a difficult month especially the 19th - 21st and so I thought I'd help ease my grief at this time by remembering my Mum in a good way by releasing Pure Florals: Chrysanthemum containing a flower that she not only loved but I'm sure she would have enjoyed stamping with too! 

How about a cheery card to lighten the mood...




More angles! Normally this trend of angle placement would set my CAS OCD off, in the fact that I usually like everything perfectly aligned! However, I'm really loving this trend at the moment! This card uses simple masking and simple Copic flat colouring.




I've neglected my Copic markers for sometime now as I find colouring time consuming and often don't have the time or patience to sit and colour! The other day I had a little patience to do some simple 'flat' colouring without having to think! It was relaxing, both the colouring & the fussing mask cutting to be able to stamp & overlap the blooms.

That's all I have to share for today, but I will be back tomorrow with more Chrysanthemum creations to share. 
Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies

Happy Everything
Card Stock: PTI Aqua Mist, WPlus9 White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio Pure Florals: Chrysanthemum
Accessories: Copic Markers

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your mum, I'm sure she would be so proud of what you have achieved

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely Beverley, I love the angled placement of your colourful 'Mums'. I'm sure your Mum is still with you, watching over and nudging you every so often helping you make the right choices :) She'd be proud and happy for all you've achieved. Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beverley - your card is so beautiful, bold, bright and just gorgeous. I'm sure your Mum would not only love this card, but that she "watches" over you! Hugs xx

    PS - Got my stamps yesterday - hope to play this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice way to remember your Mum. I can't wait to get my hands on these stamps and play, these are right up my alley (but I have to wait until next month!!!)Best wishes, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew this set would be spectacular Bev & you didn't disappoint! What a lovely tribute to your Mother, very touching x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tribute.

    It was my mum's birthday on the 21st (she has been gone for 5 years in June) and my dad 20 years on 29th April. So I know how you are feeling. I don't particularly like April either. My Dad sounds like your Mum - there for everything, and passed away suddenly and quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated