Thursday 27 February 2014

Throwback Thursday!

Hey!

So much for my regular Throwback Thursday's, I seem to have missed quite a few! Oh well, I hope you will forgive me? I'm back today with a new Throwback Thursday card, which is based on this card seen HERE from way way back in 2012!




And this is my NEW version...



There are a few reasons I chose this card to revisit, firstly the doilies. After many a request Decorative Doilies - The Hands Of Time is now back in stock on the website along with a couple of other sets. Secondly I really like the colour combo and Rock 'N' Roll technique I used to stamp the doilies and thirdly because the current challenge over at Crazy for CAS HERE is doilies!




For the Rock 'N" Roll stamping technique you want a spectrum of two or three ink colours. They don't have to be in the same colour family for it to work it can be any colours you wish. I chose Papertrey Ink Summer Sunrise & Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie as I like these paired together. 

First of all you want to place your stamp on a block that is just big enough, so that there isn't too much block overhang. Then you start my inking your stamp with the lightest colour you've chosen, in my case the Summer Sunrise. The reason for this is simply because there will be less colour contamination going from light to dark rather than the other way round.




Then you roll the edges of the stamp in the second colour, changing the angle of the rolling determines how much of the stamp edges are inked. As you can see mine are quite subtle and had my stamp at a fairly high angle. 

You can watch THIS video here which explains the technique.

In other news I am super pleased and excited to have been selected for the TIME OUT Challenge blog Design Team. The challenges start in March and all the details can be found HERE on the TO Challenge Blog. 




Ok, I think I have waffled on  for long enough! I'll be back tomorrow with more to share, until then, thank you for stopping by today :)


Supplies
Card Stock: White (Boyes) SU! Basic Grey
Ink: PTI Summer Sunrise. SU! Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: PTI Summer Sunrise & Smokey Shadow Satin Ribbon

13 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous, Bev! Your doilies are ever so pretty, and the rock and roll technique eye-catching! Thanks for details about this technique; it's one I'll need to try! Super congrats on being named on the Time Out team! Excellent news!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both fantastic cards Beverley - so chic. congrats on the DT post. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab technique and love the placement of the doilies. We are so pleased to have you join us at TO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning cards! (and you reminded me of the challenge at CFC...) Love those colors together! Looking forward to work with you on the Time Out Challenge blog aswell!! Hugs, Gerrina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on ur new DT :) I loved ur creations, this is a fab technique

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both great Bev -I wonder if I once again have to do some layout CASEing from you! You really know how to make great CAS layouts! I love doilies by the way... Both stamped and real. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations on the new DT spot - really pleased for you. Love both cards - the colours are so warm! Could do with a bit of that in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your CASEs of your own cards, Bev! Congratulations on being selected for the Design Team for the brand new TOC!! I can't wait!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is absolute gorgeous! Great techique you've used for the doilies! Thanks for joining us over at Crazy for Cas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, congrats on the DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards Bev! And I'm looking forward to working with you on the Time Out Challenges! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card and great colors. Thanks for joining CFC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your win Bev, just saw it on Crazy for CAS!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated