Thursday 25 August 2016

CAS - Colours and Sketches #188

Hey!

This month over at CAS Colours & Sketches we have had LOTS of fun challenges with each design team member taking it in turns to host. This is the last week of August and this week Patricia is our hostess.

It's sketch week and Patricia has this sketch HERE and seen below for you to try...




Argh, a oval...haha! My nightmare shape right now as I still don't any oval dies! Don't worry though as Patricia don't mind if you substitute the oval for a similar elongated shape, as long as the corners are NOT 90° - phew! 

So this is what I came up with...



I wanted to do something a little different instead of simply layering card stock to create the rectangle/border effect of the sketch, so I did some masking and and stamping to achieve the look required.

I couldn't decide on a colour scheme either so in those circumstances, monochrome is the way to go! I had Beautiful Blooms II still on my desk from a previous card, so it got some more inky love ;)




I also decided to stamp the bloom so it overhung the Papertrey Ink mat Stack die cut. The whole card could have gone wrong at this point, as then I decided to stamp the bloom again on the base card to make the bloom whole, but add interest too, *luckily* it came out just right! I so NEED to invest in a MISTI, to overcome this stamping hurdles with ease ;)

Ok, that's all from me today! I hope I have inspired you to give the sketch a go and join in on the challenge this week. Be sure to stop on over HERE and check out what the rest of the CAS Colours & Sketches DT have done using the colours and I hope to see you in the gallery.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Supplies:
Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black
Card Stock: SU! Whisper White
Accessories: Wink Of Stella and PTI Mat Stack Die

6 comments:

  1. Cool, crisp and so stylish, Bev ... so striking! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, a misti is definitely the way to go, best ever buy in my opinion! Loving your simple colour choice and the hanging off bloom illusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love my MISTI - it's well worth the investment. Mind, you seem to have managed perfectly without. Love this clean, crisp beauty! Great work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the masking - great interpretation of the sketch! And I love how you have the flower off the die as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The monochromatic look is really great - I'll have to adopt your idea when I'm stuck on a sketch next time. Thanks for the inspiration. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must confess that when I was drafting the challenge post at the beginning of the month, it struck me that you'd mentioned in the past that you didn't have any oval dies, and I hoped that you wouldn't hate me for it! I really like the shape that you used; the curvy edges complement the pretty flower. The monochromatic color scheme is very chic! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated