Thursday 11 August 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #186

Hey!

This month over at CAS Colours & Sketches we have LOTS of fun challenges in store. As it is the summer months we are taking it in turns to be a hostess for the week. This week is my turn to be hostess.

It's sketch week, so I have created this sketch HERE and seen below for you to try...




Even though I had tons of ideas when I created the sketch, I kinda stumped myself when it came to creating my card! Anyway, this is what I came up with...




I kept to the sketch and as Pure Florals: Cosmos doesn't seem to leave my desk at the moment it got inked up again! 




I stamped the flower onto a die cut tag with the top trimmed off onto Whisper White CS using VersaFine Onyx black ink. I then coloured the petals in using my Prismacolor pencils, blending two shades of aqua using Gamsol.

My colour choice was inspired by the current ColourQ challenge colours seen HERE and below. I couldn't resist as it is a fabulous colour combo! 




Ok, that's all from me today! I hope I have inspired you to give the sketch a go and join in on the challenge this week. Be sure to stop on over HERE and check out what the rest of the CAS Colours & Sketches DT have done using the colours and I hope to see you in the gallery.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Pure Florals: Cosmos 
Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black
Card Stock: SU! Whisper White & Basic Grey
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, PTI Tag Sale Die & Foam Adhesive.

6 comments:

  1. The simple cards are always the best, love the idea of a shadow the underneath banner gives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Beverley, love how you used the colors! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ...I still owe you a card, I haven't forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure gorgeousness!!! You've created CAS perfection here, Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are always so simply elegant. I wish I could emulate that style! I love the colors, and the card is crisp with the grey framing the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your awesome sketch, I really enjoyed it. Gorgeous card, really crisp and CAS and a beautiful colour combo too. Sorry to be so late posting. Caro x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated